Kentyou is a startup company aiming to turn cities into more sustainable, innovative, and citizen-centric environments to live and work in. Kentyou provides a modular and extensible software that unifies omnipresent urban data and facilitates innovative smart applications that help cities to face their environmental, economic, and social challenges.
Kentyou is looking for an enthusiast Java developer and platform engineer to join its highly qualified, international, open-minded, dynamic and creative development team. A successful applicant will enjoy the opportunity to be an important player within a rapidly growing, dynamic start-up, playing an important social and environmental role for the planet and its people.
Join us if you have the qualities and competencies we are looking for!
- 5+ years of experience building high quality software applications in industry, in particular in the IoT and smart city domains
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field
- Strong knowledge of Java, essential knowledge of service-oriented architecture , proven experience in real-world projects.
- Thorough knowledge of CI/CD concepts, including version control, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and continuous delivery.
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI, GitLab CI/CD, or similar tools used for automating the build, test, and deployment processes.
- Experience with modularity and the OSGi specifications is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud infrastructures, DevOps practices and container technologies including Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with scalable, event-based, reactive systems such as MQTT, Apache Spark and Kafka
- Experience in using, building and integrating web technologies such as RESTful APIs and web sockets
- Understanding of data security and privacy principles in an IoT and smart city context. Experience with security protocols and frameworks such as Oath2, Open ID, Keycloak.
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Mastering state-of-the-art software development and testing tools such as Maven, JUnit, Sonar, etc.
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, frameworks, and workflows
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and time management practices
- Ability to work efficiently with a remote team.
- Team player, open-minded, dreamer yet hard worker
- Experience in working together with UI/UX teams to produce integrated solutions.
- Working with agile development methodologies, following a design thinking approach with a lean startup mindset.
- Experience in contributing to open-source software
- Enjoys problem solving and applying their experience to new domains
- EU/UK/CH work permit
- Location: Preferably in the vicinity of Grenoble, France, but remote work options may be considered