Kentyou is a startup company aiming to turn cities into more sustainable, innovative, and citizen-centric environments to live and work in. Kentyou provides a modular and extensible software that unifies omnipresent urban data and facilitates innovative smart applications that help cities to face their environmental, economic, and social challenges.
Kentyou is looking for an enthusiast Full-Stack Developer to join its highly qualified, international, open-minded, dynamic and creative development team. A successful applicant will enjoy the opportunity to be an important player within a rapidly growing, dynamic start-up, playing an important social and environmental role for the planet and its people.
The main role of the new member will be:
- Designing front-end and back-end architecture of Kentyou’s products and web-based applications
- Creating intuitive, responsive user interfaces ensuring a rich, seamless user experience
- Configuring and managing servers, web hosting, and deployment environments
- Following user-centered design principles and collaborating with designers.
- Building effective APIs to facilitate communication between the front-end and back-end.
- Developing back-end features by using programming languages like Python, Java, Node.js, etc.
- Working with databases, both SQL and NoSQL to handle and store data generated by IoT devices and other data stream source
- Understanding of scalability principles to ensure the back-end can handle a growing number of data sources and users while maintaining performance.
- Working closely with designers, other developers, and stakeholders to ensure the application meets requirements and deadlines.
- Ensuring high quality, reusable code through automated testing, including reliability and security requirements
- Setting up automated deployment pipelines to streamline the release process.
- Engaging with the Open Source community to help drive improvements in and adoption of Kentyou’s open-source software
- Engaging with customers to assist them in designing and deploying software solutions.
Like what you see ? why not join us ?
Join us if you have the qualities and competencies we are looking for!
- 3+ years of experience building high quality software applications in industry, in particular in the IoT and smart city domains
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Experience with back-end programming languages such as Python, Java, Node.js, etc.
- Experience with security protocols and frameworks such as Oath2, Open ID, Keycloak.
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with time series data analysis and visualisation tools (PostgreSQL/Timescale, Prometheus., Grafana, Kibana, Chronograf, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with scalable, event-based, reactive systems such as MQTT, Apache Spark and Kafka
- Mastering state-of-the-art software development, testing and deployment tools such as Maven, JUnit, Docker, Sonar, etc.
- Working with agile development methodologies, following a design thinking approach with a lean startup mindset.
- Enjoys problem solving and applying their experience to new domains
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, frameworks, and workflows
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and time management practices
- Ability to work efficiently with a remote team.
- Team player, open-minded, dreamer yet hard worker
- EU/UK/CH work permit
- Location: Preferably in the vicinity of Grenoble, France, but remote work options may be considered
- Possibility of remote working with flexible working hours. Kentyou is encouraging its employees to balance their personal life and professional career and enjoy both in pleasant conditions.
- Important career development opportunities in a dynamic international startup environment with a great growth potential
- Competitive salary, flexible vacation time, pension scheme and health insurance
- Potential to join Employee Stock Option Plan
- Unique experience in a fast-growing and innovative company within a talented, motivated, and international team