Kentyou is a startup company aiming to turn cities into more sustainable, innovative, and citizen-centric living and working environments. Kentyou provides a modular and extensible software that unifies omnipresent urban data to facilitate building innovative smart applications that will help cities to face their environmental, economic, and social challenges.
Kentyou is looking for an enthusiast full-stack developer to join its highly qualified, international, open-minded, dynamic and creative development team. A successful applicant will enjoy the opportunity to be an important player within a rapidly growing, dynamic start-up, playing an important social and environmental role for the planet and its people.
Join us if you have the qualities and competencies we are looking for!
- 5+ years of experience building high quality software applications in industry, in particular in the IoT and smart city domains
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field
- Strong knowledge of Java, essential knowledge of service-oriented architecture, and OSGi Framework is a big plus.
- Experience in using, building and integrating RESTful APIs preferably using JAX-RS
- Experience with messaging and publish-subscribe protocols using frameworks such as MQTT and Kafka.
- Experience with scalable, event-based, reactive systems
- Experience with low-power constrainted IoT devices.
- Strong experience in building connectors between different frameworks, protocols and data models.
- Experience with security protocols and frameworks such as Oath2, Open ID, Keycloak.
- Experience in working together with UI/UX teams to produce integrated solutions.
- Mastering state-of-the-art software development, testing and deployment tools such as Maven, JUnit, Docker, Sonar, etc.
- Experience with cloud infrastructures, DevOps practices and container technologies including Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experiences in data engineering, machine learning/AI frameworks, and time-series based database systems are appreciated
- Working with agile development methodologies, following a design thinking approach with a lean startup mindset.
- Experience in contributing to open-source software
- Enjoys problem solving and applying their experience to new domains
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, frameworks, and workflows
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and time management practices
- Team player, open-minded, dreamer yet hard worker
The main role of the new member will be:
- Helping to design, implement and test Kentyou’s Open Source and commercial products
- Ensuring high quality, reusable code through automated testing, including reliability and security requirements
- Developing connectors to data sources (IoT devices, open data platforms, etc.) that use different protocols, ensuring their integration to Kentyou’s ecosystem.
- Building features through from the back end to the User interfaces following the User Experience requirement specifications
- Helping to design, manage and maintain cloud deployments of Kentyou products
- Engaging with the Open Source community to help drive improvements in and adoption of Kentyou’s software runtime
- Engaging with customers to assist them in designing and deploying software solutions.
- Helping the team to continuously improve processes and ways of working
- Possibility of remote working with flexible working hours. Kentyou is encouraging its employees to balance their personal life and professional career and enjoy both in pleasant conditions.
- Important career development opportunities in a dynamic startup environment with a great growth potential
- Competitive salary, flexible vacation time, pension scheme and health insurance
- Potential to join Employee Stock Option Plan
- Unique experience in a fast-growing and innovative company within a talented, motivated, and international team